- a pencil
1. Draw three horizontal lines and three vertical lines to make a table of four rows and four columns.
2. Write three categories: “colours”, “fruit and vegetables” and “verbs” in the first column, in rows 2, 3, and 4.
3. Write the numbers “4”, “5” and “6” at the top, in the second, third and fourth columns.
4. You have three minutes to play the game.
5. Write three words for each category: a word with four letters, a word with five letters and a word with six letters.
6. You get one point for each word with the correct number of letters. If you have the same word as another player, you and the other player get zero points for that word. If the spelling of the word is incorrect, you also get zero points for that word. The winner is the player with the most points.
Repeat the game with other categories; for example, “countries”, “transport” and “sports”. Write more categories to continue playing!